The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities at our school:
- Mrs Karen Whitaker is the Head Teacher and the Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
- Mrs Heather Drake-Brockman and Mrs Toni Muir are the designated SEND Academy Councillors.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEND policy
- Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a Looked After pupil has SEND
- Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
- Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
- Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEND
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEND pupils up to date
- Work with the Headteacher and Academy Councillors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment
Telephone: 01325 730366